How can an IBCLC help me?
- An IBCLC is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. Many are also health care providers – Amanda is also a Registered Nurse. IBCLCs help breastfeeding families by providing evidence based information and support. They assess latch, breast/nipple condition, infant oral anatomy, and the mechanics of milk transfer. An IBCLC has extensive knowledge on infant feeding, milk production, and how to help mother-baby dyads overcome their challenges. They can help if you’re having low supply, over supply, nipple pain, inverted nipples, breastfeeding after surgery, or any other breastfeeding challenge.
Does Magnolia Lactation Consulting accept insurance?
- MLC is not currently in network with any insurance provider. The Affordable Care Act mandates that insurance companies cover lactation services, however this requires a few steps and looks different with each insurance company. After each visit, you will be provided with a “super bill.” This will contain the diagnostic codes and information about the visit that insurance companies need. You then submit the super bill to your insurance company so they can reimburse you directly. MLC cannot make any guarantees about what an insurance company will reimburse, but will always provide the most detailed information to help smooth the process.
Are Skype breastfeeding consults available?
- TeleHealth video consults are available! MLC uses the secure, private, HIPAA compliant video chat within the charting service Practice Better. Video chats such as Skype and FaceTime are unfortunately not complaint with HIPAA privacy regulations.
How many visits will it take to solve my breastfeeding concerns?
- Each breastfeeding situation is different and calls for a unique approach. Some breastfeeding challenges can be resolved by making one or two simple changes. There are other situations that call for continuing support. At the end of each visit we will come up with a plan to evaluate progress and decide on the next step to take.
What locations are eligible for a lactation consultant home visit?
- Magnolia Lactation Consulting is based out of Denham Springs, La and serves the cities of Denham Springs, Walker, Central, Zachary, Baton Rouge, and Prairieville. If you are local but outside of these areas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can arrange something. If you’re out of the area completely but need lactation support, sign up for a video consult.