How can an IBCLC help me?
- An IBCLC is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. Many are also health care providers – Amanda is also a Registered Nurse. IBCLCs help breastfeeding families by providing evidence based information and support. They assess latch, breast/nipple condition, infant oral anatomy, and the mechanics of milk transfer. An IBCLC has extensive knowledge on infant feeding, milk production, and how to help mother-baby dyads overcome their challenges. They can help if you’re having low supply, over supply, nipple pain, inverted nipples, breastfeeding after surgery, or any other breastfeeding challenge.
Does Magnolia Lactation Consulting accept insurance?
- Magnolia Lactation is partnered with Lactation Network, a company that specializes in insurance billing for lactation providers! Want to know if your insurance is compatible?
- Go to www.thelactationnetwork.com
- Click on “Request a Consultation” or “Get Started”
- Answer YES to Question 1: Did a Lactation Consultant Refer You?
- Enter “Magnolia Lactation Consulting” in the text box that pops up.
- Complete the rest of the form.
- If approved, then you’re set to schedule your first visit with us! Lactation Network will arrange to bill your insurance directly for one initial visit and two follow-ups.
- Magnolia Lactation also serves self-pay clients! We can create a “superbill” – a specialized receipt that you can submit to your insurance or health sharing company for reimbursement.
Are Skype breastfeeding consults available?
- Virtual consults are available! We use a secure, private, HIPAA compliant video chat within our online client portal.
How many visits will it take to solve my breastfeeding concerns?
- Each breastfeeding situation is different and calls for a unique approach. Some breastfeeding challenges can be resolved by making one or two simple changes. There are other situations that call for continuing support. At the end of each visit, we will come up with a plan to evaluate progress and decide on the next step to take.
What locations are eligible for a lactation consultant home visit?
- Magnolia Lactation Consulting is based out of Denham Springs, La and serves the cities of Denham Springs, Walker, Central, Zachary, Baton Rouge, Prairieville, and Gonzales. If you are local but outside of these areas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule directly. If you’re out of the area completely but need lactation support, virtual visits are available.
How do I set up an appointment?