The Baton Rouge area has many resources for your growing family! Here, we’re going to focus on locally owned small businesses that are offering exceptional care to local families. This list is by no means exhaustive, and if you are serving the families of the greater Baton Rouge area, send an email and tell us about what you’re offering.
- Samantha Rauber is a Licensed Professional Counselor specializing in perinatal mental health.
- Elizabeth Walters is a Licensed Professional Counselor specializing in infertility, miscarriage/loss, and post-partum mental health.
- Dr. Amber Anderson is well known for her effective, evidence-based care as a pelvic floor physical therapist. Pregnant and having pelvic pain? Start with her comprehensive pregnancy video series.
- Dr. Cathy Caillouet at Get Off My Nerves Chiropractic provides chiropractic care for the whole family. She provides adjustments throughout pregnancy and post-partum and gentle adjustments for infants and children.
- Myra Buller is a Physical Therapist and a Cranio-Sacral Therapist. Cranio-sacral therapy is a gentle and effective therapy for all ages and Myra has a particular gift for treating infants.
- Danelle at Thrive Therapies offers evidence-based therapies to help families in many stages. Speech therapy is an incredible resource whether you have an infant with an uncoordinated suck or a school-age child struggling with articulation.
Birth Prep & Support
- Birth Help provides birth preparation classes and doula support for births of all kinds.
- Ali Wiggins is a birth and post-partum doula supporting families in innovative ways.
- My Doula Heart provides doula support and placenta encapsulation
- Courtney Cotharn has design services and doula support
- Louisiana Baby Company offers Hypnobirthing classes as well as doula support
- Born Naturally – Paula Bradley, AAHCC offers Bradley Method childbirth preparation classes.
Natural Family Planning
- Our Lady Fertility Care Center offers natural family planning according to the Creighton model. Brandi Klibert, BSN, RN, FCP helps guide women in understanding their fertility and how to use this information to achieve optimal wellness.
- Bedtime Bliss Sleep Consulting offers a gentle approach to newborn, infant, and toddler sleep. Danielle is a certified sleep consultant and offers personalized sleep plans for each family.
Health & Wellness
- Andi Lynn’s has herbal immune and wellness support for all ages. Perhaps best known for their immune-boosting elderberry syrup, don’t forget to check out the herbal tinctures for sleep, teething, and sinus support, too.
- Old Path’s Natural Market is a gem of a health food market located in Central. It’s perfect for stocking up on fresh produce, healthy pantry items, bath items, remedies, and teas. All the goodies, none of the traffic.
- Julia Mims at Well Fed Health is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner who offers functional nutrition coaching.
- Dr. Sarah Duhon, ND of Illuminate Health is a wealth of information. Get in touch if you’re seeking the individualized care of naturopathic medicine.
Play & Relax
- Java Mama Central is a coffee shop and an indoor playground. Bring your appetite, your little one, and your computer if you wish. They also have a drive-through for coffee and snacks.